Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Vessels of Familiar Landscape - Series


Vessel Series:  Places I have Lived: Iceland - Island 

I return to travel in 2020, this time traveling in my mind, to familiar places. standing in the wind, between the summer's grasses and wool-grass, ponds and the pale blue sky of the north. 

I sing. I dream. Alone.

Little birds hurry through the grass, they run but do not fly, wild flowers around me. It is cool, and always sweater weather, my boots don't mind the marshy deep red volcanic soil, the rocks and the rain, the wind and my hair blows into my eyes. 

It's lovely. 


In my vessel I capture the colors, the wind and the rough terrain, the moss and the flocks or sheep, the manes of the small horses, as they run. The sheep's wooly shapes are paired with the the flora and wooly grass becomes a miniature replica, I can carry home. 


PAVA Members Show March 2023, Award of Merit, Juror Christine Renc Carter, Director Leepa Rattner Museum, Tarpon Springs, FL

 
________________________________________


My earliest smaller sculpture was a tree of life in light tones. It held the seed for later and more elaborate and more colorful vessels. 



private collection




No comments:

Post a Comment